Monday, August 31, 2009

There they are and there they'll stay!

One of the most iconic pair of shoes in cinematic history are the Ruby Slippers, worn by Dorothy Gale in the Wizard Of Oz.



These magical shoes offer those of us with crafty minds a challenge - to create our own!



So after being inspired by these gorgeous replicas on Etsy, I went out and purchased 17 metres of sequins and got to work.





I decided to forgo the bow for now as I thought it made them a little too cutesy, but I may add some plain sequined ones later when I have the time.

3 comments:

  1. These are sooooo beautiful and they look great on you. Love the pictures. So you just glue sequins on? They don't pop off when you walk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah I just glued them on, so far nothing has come loose. It helps that they're all on a string so single ones don't just flake off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Featured these on our Fantastic Friday! Great tutorial!

    http://quirkymomma.com/2010/fantastic-friday-shoes/

    ReplyDelete